From: Alec Warner <antarus@g.o>
To: gentoo-devrel@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-devrel] [GLEP] Bugzilla access for contributor
Date: Sat, 02 Sep 2006 14:05:09
1 Stefan Schweizer wrote:
2 > Hi,
3 >
4 > As requested by multiple devs in my last mail thread about this I have
5 > written a GLEP. I send this here before sending to gentoo-dev@ so that
6 > I can gather what devrel thinks about it. Please have a look.
7
8 I don't really see how this is GLEP worthy..... Ok so all of Gentoo
9 should know about it...but it isn't a "far reaching change."
12 > Best regards,
13 > - Stefan
16 > ------------------------------------------------------------------------
17 >
18 > GLEP: 52
19 > Title: Bugzilla access for contributors
20 > Version: $Revision: 1.1 $
21 > Last-Modified: $Date: 2006/08/16 19:25:14 $
22 > Author: Stefen Schweizer <genstef@g.o>,
23 > Status: Draft
24 > Type: Standards Track
25 > Content-Type: text/x-rst
26 > Created: 01-Sep-2006
27 > Post-History: 01-Sep-2006
30 > Abstract
31 > ========
32 >
33 > To improve the development flux in Gentoo, we should allow more people to
34 > manage bugs in our large bugzilla database.
35
36 This already happens, I had perms to modify portage bugs like 10 months
37 before I became a developer
41 > Current situation
42 > ================
43 >
44 > Currently there are specific deals with arch testers and devrel/infra to allow
45 > arch testers to edit bugs. This GLEP is written to standardize the process and
46 > make it available for all aspects of Gentoo where work is being done by people
47 > who are no full developers.
48
49 So....talk to Jforman/Kingtaco? All you really need is a group made in
50 bugzilla; along with a specific subset of bugs you want them to edit.
53 > Management
54 > ---------------
55 >
56 > This cannot be managed by devrel, because they lack the resources to do it.
57 > Instead a developer who mentors more people gets access to edit bugzilla
58 > permissions and can add people there where he has checked the ebuild quiz. The
59 > developer will also take care of removing them again if needed. This reflects
60 > current arch tester practice.
61
62 so hparker has bugs editing perms, or recruiters does it? (/me doesn't
63 know).
64 --
65 gentoo-devrel@g.o mailing list