From: Deedra Waters <dmwaters@g.o>
To: gentoo-devrel@l.g.o
Cc: Flammie Pirinen <flammie@××××××××.fi>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-devrel] Re: Finnish translator status
Date: Thu, 26 Aug 2004 10:56:10
1 On Thu, 26 Aug 2004, Xavier Neys wrote:
2
3 > Date: Thu, 26 Aug 2004 11:15:06 +0200
4 > From: Xavier Neys <neysx@g.o>
5 > Reply-To: gentoo-devrel@l.g.o
6 > To: Flammie Pirinen <flammie@××××××××.fi>
7 > Cc: gentoo-devrel@l.g.o
8 > Subject: [gentoo-devrel] Re: Finnish translator status
9 >
10 > Flammie Pirinen wrote:
11 > > I'm sorry if I have missed something, but is there something specific I
12 > > should be doing now to get things progressing, apart from qa-checking
13 > > and bugzillaing rest of the important document translations? I haven't
14 > > received any info from anyone so I was just wondering if my over active
15 > > spam filtering or something similar made me miss something important.
16 > >
17 > > And about the quiz answers, the reason they were a bit brief is that I
18 > > couldn't quite motivate myself as to why a documentation translator
19 > > would need to have solid knowledge about ebuild development mechanics. I
20 > > mostly just answered what I had learned from translating the handbooks
21 > > and by experience within few years.
22
23 His quiz is fine, most of us however have been a bit sidetracked with a
24 combination of work, school, and working on the topics discussed in
25 tuesday's meeting.
26
27 I will say however that yes, a docs person is still a dev, and is
28 expected to have some knolage of gentoo. The staff quiz is not that
29 dificult, and has maybe 1 or 2 technical questions;p
32 > Hi Flammie,
33 >
34 > devrel should contact you to set up your account.
35 > You're right about the quiz being useless at assessing whether a doc
36 > translator would be up to the task but a Lead/Follow-up Translator is also a
37 > Doc Dev and a Gentoo Dev and it is fair to expect any dev has a minimum of
38 > knowledge about Gentoo.
39 > I trust the devrel team take the position asked into account when assessing a
40 > candidate's answers to the quiz.
41 > Considering you won't be able to screw up portage, I hope it won't take too
42 > long to set you up.
43
44 I'm going to try and get him set up today now that things have settled
45 down a bit, assuming I don't get swamped withwork/school stuff.
46 >
47 > FWIW, I was quite happy with the answers you sent to recruiters@g.o
48 > Given the contacts we've had on IRC and the translations you have already
49 > submitted on b.g.o, I am quite confident you'll do a good job and your
50 > mentorship period should not last too long, depending on your activity of course.
53 > With kind regards,
57 Deedra Waters - Gentoo developer relations, accessibility and infrastructure -
58 dmwaters@g.o
59 Gentoo linux: http://www.gentoo.org
63 gentoo-devrel@g.o mailing list