From: Ferris McCormick <fmccor@g.o>
To: "Tomáš Krejčí" <tomas789@×××××.com>
Cc: trustees@g.o, recruiters@g.o, Developer Relations <gentoo-devrel@g.o>
Subject: [gentoo-devrel] Re: Can I help you?
Date: Mon, 05 May 2008 13:29:07
This is probably the wrong mailing list, so I am forwarding your request to the recruiters. Also, there is information on how to become a developer at http://www.gentoo.org/proj/en/devrel/handbook/handbook.xml and in particular, http://www.gentoo.org/proj/en/devrel/handbook/handbook.xml?part=1&chap=2 As a general guide, it helps if you keep visible in the community. Take part in Bugday, be active on IRC and the Forums, and things like that. Depending on the system(s) you work on, several architectures like to recruit developers as architecture testers first. If you are interested in specific packages, talk to the people who maintain them. Basically, I think, we will want to discuss your background and experience with you and make suggestions or work with you from there. We always welcome help and participation. On another matter entirely. I see you are in the Czech Republic. Are you ever on the Freenode IRC network? If so, please contact me in either #gentoo-devrel or in #gentoo-trustees on another matter entirely. Good luck, and Regards, Ferris -- Ferris McCormick (P44646, MI) <fmccor@g.o> Developer, Gentoo Linux (Devrel, Sparc, Userrel, Trustees)