From: Mike Frysinger <vapier@g.o>
To: gentoo-devrel@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-devrel] devrel meeting etc
Date: Tue, 06 Sep 2005 17:40:55
1 On Tuesday 06 September 2005 12:19 pm, Deedra Waters wrote:
2 > A lot of people have told me after the fact that having seperate
3 > judicial and investigative branches make things too complicated and the
4 > end result is too much red tape. Some disagree and think that things
5 > won't/aren't too complicated.
6
7 well, this sounds like moving back to the 'way it was' right ? we've seen
8 that way doesnt work quite so well, while the new way hasnt really been
9 tested
10
11 > Basically, for the most part, the transparency of how complaints are
12 > handled stays the same. The only thing i really want to change, is that
13 > i think that a commitee of say 3 to 5 people handles a complaint from
14 > beginning to end.
15
16 so you're talking about merely reducing numbers here rather than changing
17 anything else about how the complaint process is handledright ? all other
18 aspects of the process in terms of what needs to be done (investigate,
19 communication, council balance check, etc...) are unchanged ?
20
21 i'm not saying i agree with the idea, i just want to be sure of the exact
22 details of the proposal
23 -mike
24 --
25 gentoo-devrel@g.o mailing list