From: "Jan Kundrát" <jkt@g.o>
To: gentoo-devrel@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-devrel] RFC: etiquette enforcment
Date: Fri, 19 May 2006 10:19:52
1 Mike Doty wrote:
2 > 1. any and every action that the enforcer uses to enforce etiquette
3 > needs to be immediately and publicly documented. as a start I recommend
4 > sending a email to gentoo-devrel ML. This includes full logs/archive
5 > pointers.
6
7 You should find better place, IMHO. If you really want to do it
8 publicly, then put it into some RCS repo.
9
10 > 3. every action that an enforcer takes will be reviewed by at least 2
11 > devrel members.
12
13 Could you please define "reviewed" here, especially wrt the timeline?
14
15 > 4. if an enforcer has effected a ban on a person/group and the subject
16 > was a time sensitive topic, then the enforcer is obligated to relay
17 > messages verbatim from the person/group for the duration of the ban.
18
19 An example would be great.
20
21 > 5. any group/person affected by the ban may request a devrel hearing
22 > about the ban in question. These need to be handled as fast as
23 > possible. At devrel's discretion, devrel may immediately remove the
24 > enforcer from the enforcement group or issue a warning to the enforcer.
25 >
26 > 6. no enforcer shall have more than 2 warnings in a 6 month period and
27 > never more than 3 in a year.
28
29 I assume that these warnings referr to the point 5 (ie "enforcer, don't
30 abuse your power"), not the warnings about trolling (ie "enforcer,
31 you're behaving as a troll").
32
33 Cheers,
34 -jkt
37 cd /local/pub && more beer > /dev/mouth