From: "Jan Kundrát" <jkt@g.o>
To: gentoo-devrel@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-devrel] RFC: etiquette enforcment
Date: Fri, 19 May 2006 10:19:52
Mike Doty wrote:
> 1. any and every action that the enforcer uses to enforce etiquette > needs to be immediately and publicly documented. as a start I recommend > sending a email to gentoo-devrel ML. This includes full logs/archive > pointers.
You should find better place, IMHO. If you really want to do it publicly, then put it into some RCS repo.
> 3. every action that an enforcer takes will be reviewed by at least 2 > devrel members.
Could you please define "reviewed" here, especially wrt the timeline?
> 4. if an enforcer has effected a ban on a person/group and the subject > was a time sensitive topic, then the enforcer is obligated to relay > messages verbatim from the person/group for the duration of the ban.
An example would be great.
> 5. any group/person affected by the ban may request a devrel hearing > about the ban in question. These need to be handled as fast as > possible. At devrel's discretion, devrel may immediately remove the > enforcer from the enforcement group or issue a warning to the enforcer. > > 6. no enforcer shall have more than 2 warnings in a 6 month period and > never more than 3 in a year.
I assume that these warnings referr to the point 5 (ie "enforcer, don't abuse your power"), not the warnings about trolling (ie "enforcer, you're behaving as a troll"). Cheers, -jkt -- cd /local/pub && more beer > /dev/mouth