From: Ciaran McCreesh <ciaranm@g.o>
To: gentoo-devrel@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-devrel] Proposal of Change to the Gentoo User Relations Project
Date: Thu, 02 Mar 2006 17:10:08
1 On Thu, 02 Mar 2006 17:00:37 +0000 George Prowse
2 <cokehabit2003@××××××××.uk> wrote:
3 | I agree. Relations between users and Gentoo developers could be *alot*
4 | better. There seems an air of unapproachability, even elitism, from
5 | the development camp and it was only when I started helping in
6 | #gentoo-uk, organising events and became an AT that this became
7 | better.
8
9 You could look at it the other way around, too.
10
11 | Too few developers use the forums, they are usually the first stop for
12 | the beginners who have problems. Usually their problem can be fixed
13 | by a revdep-rebuild or modules-update but most developers (apart from
14 | Uberlord/Genone/Klieber) seem to stay away from it like the plague.
15
16 Perhaps you should consider *why* this is the case. There are plenty of
17 changes that could be made to the forums that would make them much less
18 inaccessible to developers.
21 Ciaran McCreesh : Gentoo Developer (Wearer of the shiny hat)
22 Mail : ciaranm at gentoo.org
23 Web : http://dev.gentoo.org/~ciaranm