From: Deedra Waters <dmwaters@g.o>
To: gentoo-devrel@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-devrel] devrel meeting etc
Date: Tue, 06 Sep 2005 21:41:06
People who are looking into a problem don't automaticly assume that
someone is guilty, or rather, should not.  if something ever gets to the
stage of this setup, then  it most likely is something that can't be
resolved by any other  ways. Remember, we're talking about something
that  is pretty much never used, and i can only think of 3 situations
that it could have been used in  in the nearly 2 years that i've been a
dev.

The devrel members who first approached me on this think that this is
too much red tape for something that 1, is literally probably going to
almost never be used 2, it's going to take too long to do anything with,
and take too long to get results that are going to make people happy,
and 3 most of them agreed to this policy because at the time it looked
like the best option. In looking  back at it, it's not the best option,
so they want something less complicated.

The reality is that reguardless of what devrel decides to do people
aren't going to be happy.

Some of you may or may not think about the 4th reason or care, but i
have to think about my team. If the people that you work with so to
speak are not happy with  the way things are, then things aren't going
to go well. In short, and since i suck with words, i'll put it this way.
I'm not going to force devrel to do something that half of them don't
like. 1, that's bad leadership, and 2. that's just not right.