From: Deedra Waters <dmwaters@g.o>
To: gentoo-devrel@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-devrel] devrel meeting etc
Date: Wed, 07 Sep 2005 16:14:15
1 When this policy was agreed on, a lot of us just wanted to make people
2 happy to stop us from being nailed every time we breathed. i'm not going
3 to say all of devrel felt that way, but most of them did.
4 I'm not going to say wether that was the right or wrong reason to go
5 with this, but that's what happened.
6
7 I'd also say for 1 that the proposal that's currently in place isn't bad
8 if gentoo was 10 times the size it is now. It's not that large however,
9 and i think that for something that's this size, that the current
10 proposal is a bit overkill. I'm not even suggesting trashing the whole
11 document, just changing it slightly.
12
13 As for the endless meetings, dispite 3 meetings that may be listed
14 there, if it goes anything like the meetings on top of meetings we had
15 to even agree to this process, there are going to be a lot more then
16 just the 3 or 4 just so that we can hash and rehash things. This makes
17 us a lot less productive. Meetings aren't bad, but there's productive,
18 and there's just plain crazy.