From: Deedra Waters <dmwaters@g.o>
To: gentoo-devrel@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-devrel] devrel meeting etc
Date: Mon, 12 Sep 2005 18:11:38
1 devrel has the people, and has even filled the rolls in the origional
2 proposal.
3
4 The objection from the people who started this initially, is that it
5 gets too complicated, and involves too much red tape, and i agree with
6 them. Yeah, i realize that people like checks and balances in the
7 process, but who says that there aren't checks and balances? What i
8 mean by this is that The way devrel has always worked, and will continue
9 to work is that when it comes to final decision making, the majority of
10 devrel has always had the final say. I see this as a form of checks and
11 balances. If one person is out to do away with someone and manages to
12 convince the other 4 or 6 on the committee that it's right, and the
13 majority of devrel disagrees with the commitee then it's not going to
14 happen.