From: Shyam Mani <fox2mike@g.o>
To: gentoo-devrel@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-devrel] RFC: etiquette enforcment
Date: Thu, 18 May 2006 20:20:59
Tim Yamin wrote:

> Devs (well, ops in the channel) have always had this capability; nothing > new. Also address problem of enforcer himself being an ass on IRC/MLs, > what happens then; we don't want a "that guy did it and he's reponsible > for good behaviour so I can do it too" happening...
And devs in -dev have sat through doing nothing (most of the times) to diffuse any situation or have been highly unsuccessful because no one bothers to listen. Mike, I think this is a good idea. I've seen the +q work well in #gentoo and yeah, after a while people do listen. Regards, -- Shyam Mani | <fox2mike@g.o> docs-team | http://gdp.gentoo.org GPG Key | 0xFDD0E345