From: Chris Gianelloni <wolf31o2@g.o>
To: gentoo-devrel@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-devrel] [Fwd: Re: RFC: etiquette enforcment]
Date: Fri, 19 May 2006 13:18:05
1 On Fri, 2006-05-19 at 13:13 +0200, Wernfried Haas wrote:
2 > > Basically, my point is that Gentoo problems belong on Gentoo ML's. But
3 > > personal conflicts don't. If a dev doesn't follow that common sense approach,
4 > > then mob rule will prevail. ;-)
5 >
6 > Maybe i don't quite understand what you mean with mob rule, what
7 > exactly would it do (e.g. in the example i mentioned above)?
8
9 It wouldn't do anything. We have a nice, long list of "repeat
10 offenders" that no matter how many times you tell them to be civil, they
11 either can not, or more likely, will not, as they are aware that there
12 are no consequences to their actions.
13
14 Plain and simple, mob rule does not work if there are no "teeth" to
15 actually enforce the rule.
18 Chris Gianelloni
19 Release Engineering - Strategic Lead
20 x86 Architecture Team