From: Jon Portnoy <avenj@g.o>
To: gentoo-devrel@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-devrel] devrel meeting etc
Date: Tue, 06 Sep 2005 23:54:13
1 On Tue, Sep 06, 2005 at 12:58:50PM -0500, Paul Varner wrote:
2 >
3 > My gut reaction to reading this proposal was no! While I can see a need
4 > for reducing the number of people involved with a complaint, I firmly
5 > feel that in order to ensure fairness in the complaint process that
6 > there needs to be checks and balances in place. The recent changes to
7 > split the investigative from the judical side of developer relations and
8 > make everything transparent as possible does much to accomplish this.
11 No, mostly it does a lot to accomplish castrating devrel and making it
12 ineffective.
13
14 We have a working council now, that means if somebody feels devrel is
15 acting unfairly or not being open enough there's a body to appeal to.
18 Jon Portnoy
19 avenj/irc.freenode.net
20 --
21 gentoo-devrel@g.o mailing list