From: Anton Starikov <antst@×××××××.se>
To: gentoo-doc-ru@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-doc-ru] gentoo-upgrading.xml
Date: Sat, 28 Aug 2004 12:04:09
1 Do you speak russian? Or you need for other reasons?
2 If you speek, there is a lot cyrillization FAQs, you can read. If not -
3 we can make some small English translation for you. But vasically, there
4 is two ways, normal and "non-normal" :)
5 In normal way you just set in xorg.conf support for alternative
6 keyboard, set in X font server some cyrillic fonts and it mostly done.
7 Because internallization in Linux done quite well. Ok, probably some
8 software should be compiled also with USE="nls", but basically, proper
9 keyboard in and fonts settings - it is more than enough.
10
11 Anton.
14 Greg Golin wrote:
15 > Pardon my English.
16 >
17 > I have a question for the list. What do you guys use for Russian
18 > input? If I use translit.ru, will that present a problem? Or for
19 > example, GNOME allows for Russian input in some applications, can that
20 > feature be used? I'm afraid that the encoding will get screwy and then
21 > all that work will go to waste...
22 >
23 > TIA,
24 > GG