From: Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-doc@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-doc] Xorg Documentation Suggestion
Date: Wed, 02 Jun 2010 04:50:09
>>> Also, when I emerged xorg, it pulled in evdev, keyboard and mouse >>> drivers as I have them set in make.conf. >>> > That's interesting.... it raises a question - at least to myself - if > there's a particular USE setting to trigger evdev. Examination of > the /usr/portage/profiles/use.desc file shows no indication of such. Is > there some other indicator that should be part of the make.conf file > beyond the USE settings and the INPUT_DEVICES setting? > > Final note: for my rebuild, I'm doing so on a separate partition, logged > in there so it should be a clean environment to work in. > > Roger S. > > >
On my system, this is the line that tells portage to pull in the keyboard and mouse drivers: INPUT_DEVICES="keyboard mouse evdev" This line tells it I use nvidia drivers: VIDEO_CARDS="nvidia nv" Nothing in my USE line that would pull them it that I can see. That should also work on yours if you have those in your make.conf. Also, you should get the same result if you unpack the tarball then do a emerge --sync. This isn't in the guide but as soon as I do the chroot, I sync and do a emerge -uvDNa world to make sure everything is up to date. After that I get all the portage helpers, gentoolkit, eix and friends then go back to the guide. I'm not sure I would recommend that to be in the guide but it is how I always do it. Dale :-) :-)