From: David Abbott <dabbott@g.o>
To: gentoo-doc@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-doc] RFC: PostgreSQL Documentation
Date: Sat, 23 Jul 2011 19:56:36
1 On Sat, Jul 23, 2011 at 3:44 PM, David Abbott <dabbott@g.o> wrote:
2 > On Fri, Jul 22, 2011 at 8:57 AM, Aaron W. Swenson <titanofold@g.o> wrote:
4 >> Hash: SHA256
5 >>
6 >> I think the documentation I've written[1] for PostgreSQL is pretty well
7 >> set to be published. I'm submitting it here for a final review.
8 >>
9 > Also This section;
10 > <p>
11 > You can change your locale and encoding selections at database creation time
12 > (<uri
13 > link="http://www.postgresql.org/docs/current/static/sql-createdatabase.html"><c>CREATE
14 > DATABASE</c></uri>). In order to change the locale for a database after you have
15 > created it, you must drop the database and start over again.
16 > </p>
17 > The c tags can't be inside the uri tag;
18 >
19 > postgresql.xml:410: element uri: validity error : Element c is not
20 > declared in uri list of possible children
21 > DATABASE</c></uri>). In order to change the locale for a database after you have
22 >
23 > I would change it so it reads a little clearer to somethin like;
24 >
25 > <p>
26 > You can change your locale and encoding selections at database <uri
27 >  link="http://www.postgresql.org/docs/current/static/sql-createdatabase.html">creation
28 >  time.</uri>). In order to change the locale for a database after you have
29 > created it, you must drop the database and start over again.
30 > </p>
31 I forgot to remove the ). after </uri>
32
33 I would also remove this section;
34 </body>
35 </section>
36 <section>
37 <title>Initialize</title>
38 <body>
39
40 <p>
41 To finish the installation:
42 </p>
43
44 I attached a diff from yours to the changes I made.
45 Regards,
46 David
47 --
48 David Abbott (dabbott)