From: Flammie Pirinen <flammie@g.o>
To: gentoo-doc@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-doc] Stage1/2 deprecation from Gentoo Handbook
Date: Sun, 06 Nov 2005 14:18:11
2005-11-06, Sven Vermeulen sanoi, jotta:

> The Gentoo Release Engineering team is pushing us to remove stage1 and > stage2 references from the Gentoo Handbook. They are getting too many > errors because the user is not able to fully comprehend the > implications of a stage1 or stage2 installation.
Hmm, I'd like it, if we also (re)moved stage1 and stage2 from visible directory, and renamed stage3 to something more appropriate by the 2006.0. I mean, it will probably be confusing for a new user if the guide just says "Oh, we have this things that say 1 and 2 in the directory, but please ignore them and start from 3, because 1 and 2 are only for devs, k?" And it won't help, that old users will most likely continue to advice for stage 1 in so many support channels. -- Flammie, Gentoo Linux Documentation's Finnish head translator. <http://dev.gentoo.org/~flammie>