From: Flammie Pirinen <flammie@g.o>
To: gentoo-doc@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-doc] Stage1/2 deprecation from Gentoo Handbook
Date: Sun, 06 Nov 2005 14:18:11
1 2005-11-06, Sven Vermeulen sanoi, jotta:
2
3 > The Gentoo Release Engineering team is pushing us to remove stage1 and
4 > stage2 references from the Gentoo Handbook. They are getting too many
5 > errors because the user is not able to fully comprehend the
6 > implications of a stage1 or stage2 installation.
7
8 Hmm, I'd like it, if we also (re)moved stage1 and stage2 from visible
9 directory, and renamed stage3 to something more appropriate by the
10 2006.0. I mean, it will probably be confusing for a new user if the
11 guide just says "Oh, we have this things that say 1 and 2 in the
12 directory, but please ignore them and start from 3, because 1 and 2 are
13 only for devs, k?" And it won't help, that old users will most likely
14 continue to advice for stage 1 in so many support channels.
17 Flammie, Gentoo Linux Documentation's Finnish head translator.
18 <http://dev.gentoo.org/~flammie>