From: Sven Vermeulen <swift@g.o>
To: gentoo-doc@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-doc] Portage per-package environment/behavior
Date: Tue, 03 Jan 2012 17:34:04
1 On Mon, Jan 02, 2012 at 10:54:20AM -0800, Joshua Saddler wrote:
2 > > I disagree. It is actively being suggested on #gentoo, and we
3 > > already document features that could (or even will) result in
4 > > RESO:WONTFIX, like using ~arch (both for a small set of packages as
5 > > well as the entire system).
6 >
7 > and who's suggesting it on #gentoo? users? devs? we need to talk to
8 > the portage team and anyone else that would have to troubleshoot
9 > build fixes caused by (ab)using it. if we get the okay from them,
10 > then something like your proposed text should be added to the
11 > handbook.
12
13 I'll bring it through -dev just to be sure.
14
15 Regarding #gentoo suggestions, a quick grep in my logs shows it being
16 mentinoed about twice a week, mostly by users (there aren't that many
17 developers on it) but also a few developers (amongst some in the qa team).
18
19 Of course, that's not considering the context of the discussion - it may be
20 very well a specific scenario there.
21
22 Wkr,
23 Sven Vermeulen