From: Duncan <1i5t5.duncan@×××.net>
To: gentoo-doc@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-doc] Re: Supporting CC-BY-SA 3.0 and later versions
Date: Tue, 29 Nov 2011 01:12:50
Chema Alonso posted on Mon, 28 Nov 2011 21:21:24 +0100 as excerpted:

> On Sun, Nov 27, 2011 at 05:41:37PM +0000, Sven Vermeulen wrote:
>> In other words, support "<license version='3.0' />" for documents that >> need to be CC-BY-SA 3.0, or for new documents. >> >> What's your take on this? >> > I think this is a good approach to manage the upgrade to 3.0 version.
What about a mechanism (in-doc comments or the like) that would allow existing authors to indicate that they're OK (or not) with a future upgrade to CC-BY-SA 3.0? If authors on existing docs were encouraged to take advantage of such a feature/policy as opportunity invited, it'd lessen the work to eventually upgrade at least some existing docs, as well, tho it wouldn't help that much for those no longer involved, who would in any case need to be contacted manually before such an update. But it would at least stop the problem from getting worse, and would incrementally ease the work necessary if someone eventually decided to actively try for an update. -- Duncan - List replies preferred. No HTML msgs. "Every nonfree program has a lord, a master -- and if you use the program, he is your master." Richard Stallman