From: Sven Vermeulen <swift@g.o>
To: gentoo-doc@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-doc] rsync timeout and installation instructions
Date: Wed, 08 Dec 2004 14:55:40
I have a user requesting me to update the installation instructions with a
paragraph or two about increasing the RSYNC_TIMEOUT variable if the user
receives a time-out even if he uses broadband access (due to too little
system resources).

I'm personally not in favor of this (too little users will really need this
information) and it's in the handbook already (when RSYNC_TIMEOUT is
discussed) although not that visible to the users.

As a compromise I can always put this in a FAQ but honestly, I don't think
this is a FAQ (it's the first time I hear about increasing RSYNC_TIMEOUT for
broadband Internet access).

Thoughts?

--
  Documentation & PR project leader