From: "Jan Kundrát" <jkt@g.o>
To: gentoo-doc@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-doc] Stage1/2 deprecation from Gentoo Handbook
Date: Mon, 07 Nov 2005 15:43:39
On Monday 07 of November 2005 12:34 Jesse McNelis wrote:
> I agree that stage1/2 is a great learning experience. Gentoo was my > first linux distro and stage1 wasn't that hard.
It doesn't matter whether it's hard or not. Point is that you *won't* gain anything by running stage1 installation. You *won't* learn anything by simply typing `./scripts/bootstrap.sh` and `emerge -e system`. You can have a look at the bootstrap.sh script even without reference from Handbook. WKR, -jkt -- cd /local/pub && more beer > /dev/mouth