From: Mike Frysinger <vapier@g.o>
To: gentoo-doc@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-doc] svn vs cvs
Date: Thu, 15 Sep 2005 22:23:45
1 On Thursday 15 September 2005 05:06 pm, Chris Gianelloni wrote:
2 > On Thu, 2005-09-15 at 15:28 -0500, Grant Goodyear wrote:
3 > > One of the consequences of the management restructuring is that at some
4 > > point stuff in gentoo/xml/htdocs/proj/en will probably move around. Of
5 > > course, doing that in CVS is a royal pain. I'd love to see our gentoo
6 > > tree migrate over to svn (not the portage tree, just gentoo!), but of
7 > > course you folks are the major users of that tree. Has this been
8 > > considered? This tree is still fairly large, so it might not yet be
9 > > feasible w/ svn, but I don't know if anybody has tried.
10 >
11 > The tree is ~250MB at this time. Both genkernel and catalyst are under
12 > this tree, and I'm sure that we don't want to move either of these any
13 > time soon.
14
15 i think this thread was more about gentoo/xml/ ... but gentoo/src/ is
16 certainly candidate for moving to svn as soon as project leads feel it's
17 appropriate
18 -mike
19 --
20 gentoo-doc@g.o mailing list