From: Chris Gianelloni <wolf31o2@g.o>
To: gentoo-doc@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-doc] GuideXML: define values & use conditional tags
Date: Fri, 23 Jun 2006 14:18:13
1 On Thu, 2006-06-22 at 13:11 +0200, Xavier Neys wrote:
2 > With a new release coming out soon(-ish), we're going to have to hunt and
3 > update quite a few variable data such as snapshot names/locations, CD sizes,
4 > kernel versions in all our handbooks.
5
6 I think for these, sed is usually all it takes.
7
8 > Some time ago, we discussed the possibility of defining values at the
9 > beginning of the handbooks so that we need only update each value once, always
10 > at the same place.
11
12 That being said, I really like the idea. It might take a little while
13 to get the wording to look correct and flow properly (as in the first
14 handbook or so using this might not flow the best), but I think that
15 overall it will end up giving a better experience for our users.
16
17 Of course, I'm also not going to request any such change. I definitely
18 think that how the Handbook is done (especially at the underlying
19 levels) is totally up to you guys. I'm just letting you know that I'd
20 definitely support it.
23 Chris Gianelloni
24 Release Engineering - Strategic Lead
25 x86 Architecture Team