From: Ricardo Loureiro <rjlouro@×××××××.org>
To: gentoo-doc@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-doc] writing a doc about portage
Date: Tue, 06 Dec 2005 09:38:28

Hi guys,

I'm currently doing an implementation of portage on a lab environment
as the final project of my graduation, and it involves putting
portage on a relational database and using it to calculate
dependencies, etc. As you may imagine, i'm pretty much re-writing
some portage parts, and I will have to write how portage works on the
final report.

Since I was unable to find much info apart from the dev's handdbook,
is there interest in writing a doc for gentoo about this? I
understand portage is going to change, and much of how it works will
be outdated soon, but since I have to write it anyway and I have the
change of writing it in english, is there any interest from
gentoo-doc team on this?

Ricardo Loureiro
- --
http://pgp.dei.uc.pt:11371/pks/lookup?op=get&search=0x6B7C0EC0