From: Alin Dobre <alin@g.o>
To: gentoo-doc@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-doc] statistics
Date: Mon, 19 Sep 2005 18:17:18

Hey GDPs,

Because yesterday evening I was very very bored to do anything else, I
thought about the idea of having some translations statistics. Well, if
it won't be such a good idea (i.e. useless) at last, at least I've
improved my xml parsing skills via python :)
Here's what the script does:
- - it reads the ${DOCSROOT}/doc/en/metadata.xml and extracts a list of
documents.
- - then, it reads the ${DOCSROOT}/doc/${lang}/metadata.xml file, and, for
each file that points to /{atom}/${lang}/, it considers it translated,
otherwise, not.
- - when the --html file is passed, a html file similar to [1] is
generated, otherwise, something like:
alin@blue1der ~/work/python/trstats $ ./trstats.py ro
[ro]/doc:       Total: 317,     Translated: 170  -> 53%
[ro]/security:  Total: 5,       Translated: 0    -> 0%
[ro]/main:      Total: 4,       Translated: 2    -> 50%
[ro]/proj:      Total: 47,      Translated: 7    -> 14%

The script can be found in my dev web space [2], and the css and gif
images at [3].

Of course, it is not perfect, and I don't intend to make it so, unless
needed.

Have fun.

[1] http://dev.gentoo.org/~alin/scripts/trstats/status.html
[2] http://dev.gentoo.org/~alin/scripts/trstats/trstats.py