From: Xavier Neys <neysx@g.o>
To: gentoo-doc@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-doc] Error downloading en/lvm2.xml from ViewCVS
Date: Mon, 10 Oct 2005 21:19:17
1 Gianni Costanzi wrote:
2 > Ok, I didn't think it was my problem since it worked with the others
3 > *.xml files that I've downloaded with ViewCVS.
4 >
5 > Thank you :)
6 >
7 > 2005/10/10, Jan Kundrát <jkt@g.o>:
8 >
9 >>On Monday 10 of October 2005 15:15 Gianni Costanzi wrote:
10 >>
11 >>>Hi,
12 >>>I got the following error when trying to donwload the lvm2.xml english
13 >>>guide:
14 >>>
15 >>>XML Parsing Error: undefined entity
16 >>>Location:
17 >>>http://www.gentoo.org/cgi-bin/viewcvs.cgi/*checkout*/xml/htdocs/doc/en/lvm2
18 >>>.xml?root=gentoo&rev=1.16 Line Number 183, Column 4:160&nbsp;Gb hard disk
19 >>>into 8 partitions of 20&nbsp;Gb each.
20 >>>---^
21 >>>
22 >>>I've told it also to www@g.o, I don't know if I've made the right
23 >>>thing.
24 >>
25 >>Tell your browser not to interpret it as XML, but as plain text.
28 It's not really your fault. It's just that the server tells your browser the
29 file is an xml file and your browser tries to show it as such. Unfortunately,
30 it does not know how where the entities (&nbsp; in this case) are defined.
31
32 You should ask the server to tell your browser the file is plain text like this:
33 http://www.gentoo.org/cgi-bin/viewcvs.cgi/xml/htdocs/doc/en/lvm2.xml?rev=HEAD&content-type=text%2Fplain&root=gentoo
36 Hth,
37 --
38 / Xavier Neys