From: Joseph Jezak <josejx@g.o>
To: gentoo-doc@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-doc] 2007.0 mojo
Date: Mon, 12 Mar 2007 13:21:13
1 Josh Saddler wrote:
2 > Hello, it's that time of year again. The first release of the year is
3 > comin' up fast. If you examine recent CVS history, I just added the
4 > 2007.0 directory to draft/, and will shortly begin adding stuff to it.
5 >
6 > It's my intention to once again do a major version number change, in
7 > keeping with the 2006.0 --> 2006.1 change for all docs, so though our
8 > stuff is at 7.x, it will be 8.x, and in the case of the gtkfe and
9 > gli-dialog handbooks, 2.x to 3.x.
10 >
11 > Now, I think I've gotten the last changes to the current/2006.1
12 > handbooks settled with the fix to bug 147358, so I anticipate having a
13 > relatively clean slate to work on in draft/. Any fixes to the current
14 > docs will of course be added to the draft/ docs.
15 >
16 > Anyway, that's my plan -- I've a few lists of TODOs for stuff,
17 > especially for the networkless docs, that will be fairly intensive. Now,
18 > from the translators point of view, what do you and don't you want to
19 > see me do to the docs in draft/? Yes, I've done two releases before
20 > this, but .... it's been awhile, so I don't entirely remember. For
21 > sanity's sake I'd like to make sure that my instincts are right. I won't
22 > be revbumping the stuff in draft/, but I assume it's okay to make as
23 > many changes as needed to the stuff in there....or will that mess with
24 > the translators heads? Will you guys be able to pick up on all the changes?
25 >
26 > Lemme know what you need me to do for you -- I'll be heading up the
27 > handbook efforts again. It's my job to make the work easier for you guys. :)
28 >
29 > Oh, and in good news (good despite the shift into "panic mode"), this
30 > release will see the fix of the media, so that things like the LiveUSB
31 > Howto (liveusb.xml) will work once again.
32 >
33 > I intend to partner closely with releng on this one; already I've gotten
34 > some good help with them for the installer docs updates, so thanks for
35 > all that.
36 >
37 > Ladies & Gentlemen: Start your engines!
40 Hi Josh,
41
42 I'll get together my PPC docs changes and get them in CVS asap. Do
43 we have a timeframe yet?
44
45 -Joe
46 --