From: Sven Vermeulen <sven.vermeulen@××××××.be>
To: gentoo-doc@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-doc] Moving stuff to Gentoo Wiki?
Date: Tue, 27 Mar 2012 21:20:13
1 On Tue, Mar 27, 2012 at 09:21:39PM +0200, "Paweł Hajdan, Jr." wrote:
2 > I generally prefer GDP, but it's obviously not possible to have 4 people
3 > handle the same load as 20 people. By the way, I think that after your
4 > return Sven the GDP can attract more contributors.
5
6 I'm no Messiah, and I'm grumpy. Two things not in favor of that ;-)
7
8 > > License-wise, this should be okay, as there is a version-up clause in the
9 > > CC-BY-SA license most documents use. It would also allow us to focus on the
10 > > installation instructions and, who knows, have some input for the Gentoo
11 > > Wiki Knowledge base at http://wiki.gentoo.org/wiki/Knowledge_Base:Main_Page
12 > > ;-)
13 >
14 > Would the licensing also allow eventually taking the wiki articles and
15 > adding them to GDP?
16
17 Yes, we recently support the same version as on the Wiki.
18
19 Moving however does have its implications. Handling translations still needs
20 to be sought out/through, although I can imagine that most translation teams
21 also don't have the power of an entire army at their disposal to handle
22 translations. And especially not for wiki's.
23
24 Wkr,
25 Sven Vermeulen