From: "Ɓukasz Damentko" <rane@g.o>
To: gentoo-doc@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-doc] Improving organization during beta release
Date: Tue, 29 Apr 2008 16:22:26
1 2008/4/28 Sven Vermeulen <swift@g.o>:
2 > On 4/27/08, Josh Saddler <nightmorph@g.o> wrote:
3 > > I, personally, hate the whole business of copying stuff to draft/ and then
4 > > back again. It's a pain, and there's some risk of forgetting stuff or not
5 > > getting it moved or forgetting to delete old files (this happened once or
6 > > twice with this release). That's why I dispensed with doing draft/2008.0/
7 > > and just went straight to the toplevel dir.
8 > [...]
9 >
10 > > As I see it, we have a few options:
11 > >
12 > > 1. Keep the "draft" disclaimer for the beta handbooks, the only live
13 > > versions available.
14 > > 2. Add listings for "beta" in addition to "latest stable" (really old) in
15 > > our index, and link to them.
16 > > 3. Add disclaimer to TOC for beta status. Replaces(?) draft disclaimer.
17 > > 4. Ditch the draft disclaimer, and instead just consider each handbook a
18 > > "release" handbook. We just use the beta stage/file/mirror names. Since the
19 > > only thing that's in testing is the CDs, really.
20 > >
21 > > I'm all for 1, 3, or 4. My personal favorite is 4. Thoughts?
22 >
23 > Mine is 4 as well. The "2008_beta" handbook for GDP is a "production"
24 > handbook - the release is publically available and all the disclaimers
25 > for the _beta release should automatically apply to its documentation
26 > as well.
27
28 Yeah. #4 is the best option.
29 --