From: Chris Gianelloni <wolf31o2@g.o>
To: gentoo-doc@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-doc] Gentoo newbie ebook
Date: Wed, 31 Jan 2007 14:18:28
On Tue, 2007-01-30 at 21:56 -0800, Ted Kosan wrote:
> As for the document format, the materials I have written are currently in > OpenDocument format, but they could be transformed into another format like > guideXML. I think, however, that a case could be made for leaving them in a > format that has the look and feel of a traditional book.
Keep in mind that we already have transformation scripts that we use for the Handbook during releases to convert the GuideXML into PDF. One of the advantages of GuideXML is the ability to transform it into other things quite simply. -- Chris Gianelloni Release Engineering Strategic Lead Alpha/AMD64/x86 Architecture Teams Games Developer/Council Member/Foundation Trustee Gentoo Foundation