From: Josh Saddler <nightmorph@g.o>
To: gentoo-doc@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-doc] This months GMN
Date: Sun, 30 Nov 2008 20:12:38
1 Douglas Anderson wrote:
2 > Hi, I was in contact with Anant about with month's GMN. He sent me some
3 > forwards and I spent about 4 hours getting some stuff rounded up. I got
4 > quite a bit of it done and forwarded it back to him 5 days ago, but I
5 > now realize he's away, so if there's any one else that could salvage
6 > this month's newsletter, here's what I have:
7 >
8 > Couple thing I wasn't sure about, as it was my first time:
9 >
10 > * The song that was submitted needs to be preformatted (if you even want
11 > to include the
12 > lyrics in the body of the newsletter, that's up to you), but wrapping
13 > in <pre></pre> labels it as code. Not sure how to work around that.
14 >
15 > * I read the council meeting minutes, but couldn't really figure out when
16 > the next meeting is scheduled for, probably better for you to ask a
17 > council dev directly.
18 >
19 > *I slightly reformatted and used a news item from
20 > neddyseagoon's site which hasn't been released:
21 > http://dev.gentoo.org/~neddyseagoon/docs/Foundation_News.xml
22 > <http://dev.gentoo.org/%7Eneddyseagoon/docs/Foundation_News.xml>. I
23 > emailed the trustees to check that this was OK but haven't gotten a
24 > response. You'll probably want to check with Roy and make sure this
25 > version is OK to ship.
26 >
27 > *What should we do for tips? If you don't have
28 > something lined up already, we could use one of
29 > these?
30 > http://forums.gentoo.org/viewtopic-t-715980.html
31 > http://forums.gentoo.org/viewtopic-t-79791.html
32 >
33 > Really, it's my first time doing this and I wasn't in contact with
34 > anyone so there's probably a lot of little stuff that could be ironed
35 > out... but if anyone has the time, let's not let it go to waste! :)
36 >
37 > -Doug
38
39 Wrong list. The GDP has nothing to do with the GMN, aside from a
40 developer that's on both teams (me). I've already been writing the
41 newsletter -- it's much, much further along than this copy; I sent mine
42 to Anant earlier today.