From: Ted Kosan <tkosan@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-doc@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-doc] DRobbins 2007.0 review
Date: Tue, 05 Jun 2007 21:48:19
1 Michael wrote,
2
3 > One wonders if the handbook should meet those needs. It may be the commission
4 > of the handbook to teach the uninitiated how to install Gentoo, but need it
5 > be
6 > a requirement that they be able to install Gentoo without help?
7
8 I like the Handbook and I think the Handbook is very good for what it is
9 designed for. But it was not designed for use by Linux newbies and I do not
10 think it should it be.
14 > It's not feasible to try
15 > to write a single document to try to compete with that.
16
17 Well, I have already written a single document that is designed to allow Linux
18 newbies to install Gentoo without help. The document has been tested under
19 controlled conditions and it works reasonably well :-)
20
21 If this document was offered as an option for newbies to work through before
22 moving on to the Handbook, my experience indicates that the percent of newbies
23 who are able to successfully install Gentoo should increase significantly.
24
25 Ted
28 gentoo-doc@g.o mailing list