From: Zhang Le <r0bertz@g.o>
To: gentoo-doc@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-doc] Re: About "Xfce Configuration Guide"
Date: Mon, 08 Jun 2009 16:48:36
1 On 15:20 Mon 08 Jun , Duncan wrote:
2 > Zhang Le <r0bertz@g.o> posted
3 > 20090608083147.GB16785@×××××××××××××××××××.hk, excerpted below, on Mon,
4 > 08 Jun 2009 16:31:48 +0800:
5 >
6 > > If user strictly follow X Server Configuration Howto (
7 > > http://www.gentoo.org/doc/en/xorg-config.xml ), he would install the
8 > > whole xorg-x11 meta package, which is not necessary.
9 >
10 > This one would be an outdated X Server Configuration Howto, then, as
11 > Gentoo/X, last I read, does not expect or recommend that people install
12 > the meta-package.
15 [snip]
18 > Thus, any Gentoo documentation recommending the xorg-x11 meta-package for
19 > other than the specific purpose of installing /everything/ upstream (as
20 > opposed to Gentoo) recommends and considers important, is outdated and
21 > needs updated.
22 >
23 > I haven't looked to see if there's already one filed or not, but should I
24 > file a bug, probably CCing the Gentoo/X folks for confirmation? That doc
25 > appears to be in the docs project space, not X's, so it'd be docs' bug.
26
27 This doc's author is Sven Vermeulen, a previous Gentoo Doc guy. So it should be
28 a docs' bug. But CCing Gentoo/X folks won't hurt I think.
31 Zhang, Le
32 Gentoo/Loongson Developer
33 http://zhangle.is-a-geek.org
34 0260 C902 B8F8 6506 6586 2B90 BC51 C808 1E4E 2973