From: Sven Vermeulen <swift@g.o>
To: gentoo-doc@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-doc] About me (not being on irc)
Date: Thu, 01 Sep 2005 20:37:16
1 I got some good news, great news and less great news.
2
3 First the good news :)
4
5 With the election for the council, which I greatly accept, comes also
6 the responsibilities. I am glad to tell you all that I should have the
7 time to take on these responsibilities although it looked like I
8 vanished from the surface of the earth the last few weeks/months.
9
10 As most of you know, I got a job with a Belgian bank. It does take a lot
11 of time for me during week days - not the job, but I'm on the road for 5
12 (five!) hours from/to my job. So I don't have much time left when I'm
13 home. But the good news is that I can devote most of that 5h to Gentoo
14 as I'm just working in the train on my laptop.
15
16 The bad news: I don't have I'net on the train so I'm forced to fetchmail
17 my e-mails late at night, process them during the day and send out the
18 results at night again. I won't be on IRC much (at least not currently)
19 and all development I'll do is off-site. But that shouldn't be a
20 problem.
21
22 Anyway, I'm now off for a weekend - I got quite some heavy real-life
23 changes behind my back (girlfriend moved in) and I need a small break :)
24
25 Wkr,
26 Sven Vermeulen
27
28 PS The great news is that my girlfriend moved in :)
31 Documentation project leader - Gentoo Foundation Trustee
32
33 The Gentoo Project <<< http://www.gentoo.org >>>