From: "Jose Luis Rivero (YosWinK)" <yoswink@g.o>
Cc: gentoo-doc@l.g.o, RepoDoc Minions <repodoc@×××××××××.org>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-doc] Important changes on Repodoc
Date: Sun, 18 Jun 2006 03:54:40
1 Hi folks!
2
3 First of all, I'd like to say: no, I'm not going to spam the list with
4 every repodoc version, but I'll drop a little mail when important
5 features or changes happen.
6
7 Second, is a pleasure to announce that another beta version (yes repodoc
8 is still a baby) has been released: 0.1_beta2. The info[1] about the
9 tool is in the same place and the changes done from the previous release
10 are available in the on-line ChangeLog[2].
11
12 The important things I want to point with respect to this version are:
13
14 - repodoc now is managed via overlay. This means, people who set up
15 repodoc on a local overlay (as suggested), please remove it and follow
16 the new instructions about installation (nothing very difficult and far
17 more comfortable to manage).
18
19 - repodoc now has a live ebuild (version 9999) thanks to git eclass. The
20 ebuild is *only* for development purposes and repodoc installed from it
21 could be broken. Note that may be you need to adjust your
22 portage.keywords to avoid this ebuild. (<app-doc/repodoc-9999 ~x86)
23
24 - trans module has change its output. Please check and send feedback,
25 spanish cookies are waiting for you.
26
27 Finally I want to thanks ferdy and frangor (repodoc co-maintainers) who
28 were the real development engine this time, guys you rock.
29
30 As usual, bugs, flames, feedback or ideas are always welcome.
33 P.D: No, the cut-fingers feature hasn't been released (yet).
34
36 José Luis Rivero <yoswink@g.o>
37 Gentoo Doc / Gentoo Doc-es / Gentoo-alpha
38
39 [1] http://dev.gentoo.org/~yoswink/repodoc/
40 [2] http://dev.gentoo.org/~yoswink/repodoc/ChangeLog.txt
41 [3] http://dev.gentoo.org/~yoswink/repodoc/#doc_chap2