From: Nandeep Mali <n9986.mali@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-doc@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-doc] How are the docs written?
Date: Wed, 20 May 2009 09:20:15
1 On Wed, May 20, 2009 at 2:37 PM, Gunnar <gunnar@××××××××.se> wrote:
2 > Hello.
3 > I'm new on this list and I have a simple question, how is the docs written?
4 > Do you use any tools for generating the html or do you write it directly in
5 > plain emacs/vi?
6
7 Hi,
8
9 The Docs are written in GuideXML[1], an XML flavor designed for Gentoo
10 Documentation. You can use your favorite editor to write it.
11
12 It is rendered on the site using a tool called Gorg[2].
13
14 The Tips-n-Tricks[3] page gives more information on this.
15
16 I suggest you to carefully read through the Documentation[4] page as well.
17
18 [1] http://www.gentoo.org/doc/en/xml-guide.xml
19 [2] http://www.neysx.org/mystuff/gorg/gorg.xml
20 [3] http://www.gentoo.org/proj/en/gdp/doc/doc-tipsntricks.xml