From: Alexey Chumakov <achumakov@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-doc@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-doc] [RFC] Marking unmaintained documents
Date: Fri, 09 Sep 2005 06:50:57
1 Flammie Pirinen пишет:
2 > 2005-09-08, Jan Kundrát sanoi, jotta:
3 >>d) Outdated translation
4 [...]
5 > After these basics are in order, we might want to start looking in to
6 > peeking original versions of document to see how up to date it is. By
7 > the way, why can't this be done same way as in overview.xml? Because
8 > AFAICS metadoc.xml in Finnish, for example, has only link to either
9 > English or Finnish version, so the xslt must use some logic to fetch
10 > english versions here, no? And if the logic is to pull the stuff from
11 > English metadoc by matching id, shouldn't we then just resolve this by
12 > adding a matching id to the root elements of the documents, which is
13 > something that from semantic pov should've been done from beginning on
14 > already. Of course this'd add overhead of loading (document()ing?) the
15 > metadoc for all pageloads...
16 >
17 Using the link in the document itself ls like any decentralized way:
18 + efficiency -- no need to parse metadoc for each page
19 + reliability -- no broken links on metadoc failure
20 + flexibility -- works with non-metadoc project docs
21 - human factor -- document maintainer is responsible for the link
22 - need to update path in several places if source moves
23
24 To deal with '-', we need to:
25 maintain personal responsibility for maintainers (actually
26 self-maintained in our case, isn't it?)
27 simply accept the need to update path -- it's already there :-)
30 Using metadoc, the pros are:
31 + clearness for the lead translator (...or actually not?)
32 + simplicity of batch update (isn't often?
33 Cons are the opposite.
34
35 Are we centralized or not? :-)
36