From: Sven Vermeulen <swift@g.o>
To: gentoo-doc@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-doc] Re: [RFC] Marking unmaintained documents
Date: Sat, 17 Sep 2005 12:08:17
1 On Fri, Sep 16, 2005 at 03:01:04PM +0200, Jan Kundrát wrote:
2 > Xavier Neys wrote:
3 > > Of course, users reading a 2004.3 handbook should realise it's old, but they
4 > > could at least be told it's not maintained anymore so that 1) they can read it
5 > > with a grain of salt 2) they should not bother submitting bugs.
6 >
7 > IMHO that's against what SwifT said about fixing?
8
9 No, because we have an updated handbook (namely the 2005.3/current one).
10 Unlike with articles of which we don't have an updated one, any bugreports
11 against outdated handbooks can be marked as WORKSFORME/INVALID because it is
12 fixed in the more recent ones.
13
14 Wkr,
15 Sven Vermeulen