From: Chris Gianelloni <wolf31o2@g.o>
To: gentoo-doc@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-doc] hb-install-x86-kernel.xml
Date: Thu, 02 Dec 2004 18:03:16
1 On Thu, 2004-12-02 at 15:30 +0100, Ewoud Kohl van Wijngaarden wrote:
2 > furthermore, is udev still not the default? by configuring your kernel
3 > that way you are forced to use devfsd since automaticly mounting it at
4 > boot makes the use of udev impossible (and I speak from experience)
5 > shouldn't we at least point out that there is udev? (give the URL to the
6 > conversion howto
7
8 Well, udev cannot be the default so long as a 2.4 kernel still is the
9 default. Starting with 2005.0, udev and a 2.6 kernel will, in fact, be
10 the defaults.
13 Chris Gianelloni
14 Release Engineering - Operational/QA Manager
15 Games - Developer
16 Gentoo Linux