From: Sven Vermeulen <swift@g.o>
To: gentoo-doc@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-doc] [RFC] Marking unmaintained documents
Date: Fri, 09 Sep 2005 19:51:48
On Fri, Sep 09, 2005 at 12:34:24AM +0530, Shyam Mani wrote:
> Well, not exactly....there is a last updated thingy...so something > written in 2004 might not exactly be updated.
This is actually a point of discussion I had with Xavier (well, discussion, he mentioned it before he went away :). You can change the date of the document when you fix a stupid typo without auditing the rest of the document for its accuracy. That might result in a inaccurate document with a recent date. Or you can resist the temptation of changing the date, yielding a perhaps perfectly accurate and well-written document with an old date. Wkr, Sven Vermeulen -- Gentoo Foundation Trustee | http://foundation.gentoo.org Gentoo Documentation Project Lead | http://www.gentoo.org/proj/en/gdp Gentoo Council Member The Gentoo Project <<< http://www.gentoo.org >>>