From: Tobias Heinlein <keytoaster@g.o>
To: gentoo-doc@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-doc] Documentation/website in git?
Date: Sat, 18 Sep 2010 19:34:52
1 Peter Volkov wrote, on 09/16/2010 06:46 PM:
2 > Hi, guys. While there is some job required to move portage tree into git
3 > it looks like moving documentation and web-site could be done much
4 > easier.
5
6 Yeah, git++.
7
8 > Are there any plans to move on git? Was anything done in this
9 > direction? This will simplify translator's job as we are planning to use
10 > git that makes commits faster and allows us to ease workflow.
11
12 Who is "we" in this case? The translators? If yes, has there been some
13 discussion?
14
15 Also, how exactly does it ease workflow? Is there something specific for
16 translating stuff that CVS can't do?