From: Duncan <1i5t5.duncan@×××.net>
To: gentoo-doc@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-doc] Re: Portage per-package environment/behavior
Date: Fri, 30 Dec 2011 01:57:12
Sven Vermeulen posted on Thu, 29 Dec 2011 18:18:07 +0000 as excerpted:

> On Wed, Dec 28, 2011 at 11:14:49AM +0100, Sven Vermeulen wrote: >> I noticed we don't describe in the handbook that Portage can have >> per-package environment variables (like CFLAGS) through >> /etc/portage/env. This can be even (ab?)used to execute steps before or >> after specific phases (based on the EBUILD_PHASE information), >> something I use for updating IDS systems (postinst/prerm phase). > > So, considering the idea of having a section added to "Working with > Portage" > called "Advanced Portage Features", this is what it could look like: > > http://dev.gentoo.org/~swift/docs/previews/hb-portage-advanced.xml
Looks quite good to me so far. =:^) But all sections were section 1. Is that simply due to the prototype process or is it a mistake? -- Duncan - List replies preferred. No HTML msgs. "Every nonfree program has a lord, a master -- and if you use the program, he is your master." Richard Stallman