From: Sven Vermeulen <sven.vermeulen@××××××.be>
To: gentoo-doc@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-doc] Review of Documentation Policy
Date: Wed, 28 Sep 2011 18:13:41
On Wed, Sep 28, 2011 at 04:49:53PM +0200, Camille Huot wrote:
> Hey, sorry for my late feedback,
No problem.
> """ > The Gentoo Documentation Project Team consists of editors and authors, > working > on our main documentation and its translations. Like most other Gentoo > projects, > it is lead by a project lead whose additional job is to look after the team > and > its resources in general (such as focusing on recruitment when necessary and > acting as an unbiased mediator when two or more developers have a dispute > over > something). > """ > > I don't like the end "acting as an unbiased mediator when two or more > developers have a dispute over > something", we're not childs that need to be calm down :) -- Here's my > suggested drop-in: "taking final decisions when consensus cannot be found > otherwise."
Actually, I was merely trying to replicate what the devrel stuff sais on this ;-) It isn't about a dispute on documentation aspects. If that were the case, I'd suggest a "consensus model" on the mailinglist and indeed project lead having a final say if consensus cannot be found. But when developers are more in dispute on non-documentation related aspects, the devrel guide/policy currently positions the project lead as a first mediator. Of course, we could just drop that part (since it already is in the policy) or rewrite it according to your suggestion (but then make it clear it is about project-related activities). Wkr, Sven Vermeulen