From: Jack Dark <jackdark@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-doc@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-doc] american english/british english/??? english
Date: Fri, 08 Jul 2005 06:51:11
While browsing the docs in search of general spelling errors, I
noticed that a few documents had internationalized spelling of certain
words. Are the docs generally supposed to be written in American
English--as most of the English ones seem to be--or is that
unimportant? I have no particular preference either way; the addition
or subtraction of a few letters from the odd word doesn't bother me. I
was just wondering if doc writers are supposed to adhere to one
consistent spelling scheme even though it might be outside of their
region.

For example, do the doc writers from the UK have to spell using
American English (or Australian English), even though it's not what
they're familiar with, or are the guidelines much more relaxed and
permit one's native lexicon to be used?

--
<em>- thought - emotion - imagery -</em>
http://www.freewebs.com/nightmorph/