From: Sven Vermeulen <swift@g.o>
To: gentoo-doc@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-doc] Re: Corrections
Date: Sun, 27 Nov 2011 17:34:55
1 On Sat, Nov 26, 2011 at 06:05:58PM -0800, Thomas M wrote:
2 > Before filing a bug report, I wanted to make sure what I saw was correct.
3 >
4 > The webpage is listed here [1]. After checking the mount (8) man page, I
5 > have seen the similar observation as you. I would have thought that the
6 > command would have given the output of completion but it returned this
7 > command was not found. I fortunately reinstalled Gentoo Linux in my
8 > Desktop and ran into this few weeks ago.
9
10 Hi Thomas,
11
12 If you got a "command not found" then it is not about the mount option, but
13 about the mount command.
14
15 The use of --rbind should work, it has been supported for quite some time
16 and I have not met any livecd/usb/dvd that had a too-old mount binary (and
17 I'm often testing quite a few of these).
18
19 Wkr,
20 Sven Vermeulen