From: Arun Raghavan <arunisgod@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-doc@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-doc] Link to docs in ebuilds
Date: Wed, 12 Apr 2006 18:03:47
1 Hello All,
2 I was just wondering if this has been thought of before -- a lot of
3 ebuilds have a guide that should be read before/after installation.
4 For example, anybody emerge'ing bluez will probably want to read the
5 Gentoo Bluetooth Guide. Does it make sense to do something like this,
6 then:
7
8 1) add a RELATED_DOC variable to ebuilds to point to the related documentation
9 2) Before/after the first install the user is given an einfo message
10 about the doc
11 3) I don't know how easy this is, but we can possibly set up some way
12 in which the user can be notified if the doc changes as well. This
13 could either be done by looking up the doc online each time, or
14 putting some more metadata into the ebuild.
15
16 Thoughts?
17 --
18 Arun Raghavan
19 (http://nemesis.accosted.net)
20 v2sw5Chw4+5ln4pr6$OFck2ma4+9u8w3+1!m?l7+9GSCKi056
21 e6+9i4b8/9HTAen4+5g4/8APa2Xs8r1/2p5-8 hackerkey.com
24 gentoo-doc@g.o mailing list