From: "Denis M." <god@××××××××.in>
To: gentoo-doc@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-doc] Expanding categories' descriptions
Date: Sat, 30 Mar 2013 20:18:01
1 Hello,
2
3 I believe it's necessary to bring this matter here. I think it's a good
4 idea to expand the categories' descriptions (found in the corresponding
5 /metadata.xml/ files) with more accurate descriptions of which packages
6 are welcome to fit in which categories.
7
8 The current descriptions are very vague and aren't probably in the best
9 shape to bring users' a good idea what certain category is about and
10 what packages are to be found there.
11
12 This can also be an issue for (new) ebuild-writers (either
13 user-contributing ebuilds or just gentoo developers that are not sure
14 about it).
15
16 This is of course checked by a gentoo developer if new ebuilds are to be
17 submitted via the bugzilla, but I still think we should provide a better
18 understanding of the categories.
19
20 If expanding the /metadata.xml/ files does not seem a good idea, we
21 should at least make a little bit more comprehensive description
22 somewhere in the /gentoo.org/doc// or /wiki.gentoo.org/ pages.
23
24 What do you think about it?
27 Regards,
28 Denis M. (Phr33d0m)