From: "Jan Kundrát" <jkt@g.o>
To: gentoo-doc@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-doc] [RFC] Marking unmaintained documents
Date: Sat, 10 Sep 2005 13:11:34
Sven Vermeulen wrote:
> If we would mark documents as "outdated"/"unmaintained" and you'll get a > bugreport about those, what would you do differently from bugreports on > documents that are up-to-date/maintained? I would be quite surprised if you > handled those bugs differently.
Well, my aim was to prevent bugreports for docs that are "no longer maintained" like articles and old Handbooks (but I got a bit confused and probably thought that old HBs contain all sections without new bugfixes which is not true). However, I think that we can make add some warning/disclaimer to the republished articles. And an easy way to allow Lead Translator to make some document marked as "obsolete" would be worth too, IMHO. -jkt -- cd /local/pub && more beer > /dev/mouth