From: "Łukasz Damentko" <rane@g.o>
To: gentoo-doc@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-doc] IBM DeveloperWorks articles translations
Date: Thu, 01 Sep 2005 11:35:26
1 Hi,
2
3 As you probably know we have many very good drobbins IBM articles being republished at our page (gentoo.org/doc/en/articles). I decided to translate them as well as other docs as i see that they are very useful for users, sometimes even more then few our current docs (like "better go to nx homepage and rtfm" nx-guide). Shyam Mani (fox2mike, that noisy guy :p), who's taking care about whole xmlifying thing, suggested that we shouldn't do that as we don't have permission. He also mentioned that SwifT mailed IBM for permission to do translations and got no official response. I wanted to ask if we are allowed to translate those docs and also if i am supposed to remove translations from tree (they are unlinked in metadoc for now).
4
5 I know that french are also translating articles, i know also that we have two of them as ordinary /doc/en things (vi guide, cvs tutorial) and those were translated by many teams. There was no problem with that i guess.
6 We also messed a bit with iptables doc, changing ./configure installation method to emerge iptables. Do we have to undo those changes as well?
7
8 with regards,
9
10 £ukasz Damentko