From: Theo Chatzimichos <tampakrap@g.o>
To: "Jan Kundrát" <jkt@g.o>
Cc: gentoo-doc@l.g.o, dberkholz@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-doc] Re: okupy, a Django rewrite of www.g.o
Date: Thu, 02 Jun 2011 11:54:44
On Thu, Jun 2, 2011 at 2:47 PM, Jan Kundrát <jkt@g.o> wrote:
>> Nothing will change for GDP. The GuideXML will continue to exist, you >> will be able to edit XML files directly as usual. There will be only >> improvements here (like stats for translators, an editor, etc). > > See, this is *exactly* why I wrote this mail. What are "statistics for > translators"? I'm a translator myself, and nobody asked me what could > help me. What translators indicated that they consider that an > improvement over current way with metadoc.xml/overview.xml/trads.rb? >
Hey man, relax! :) I'm also a translator, I have some ideas/needs that need to implement. I was going to ask you (you as in other translators) for additional ideas, I just didn't get there yet, i'm still struggling with the LDAP backend for the time being.
> I welcome the change to git, it's great that you're willing to undertake > it, but it will surely affect the way how GDP works. > > Whether a WYSIWYG editor is an improvement (or would just cause troubles > for translators due to line noise in diffs) is debatable IMHO, but that > discussion has been already started and abandoned several times. > > Cheers, > Jan > > [1] http://bugs.gentoo.org/buglist.cgi?quicksearch=gorg&list_id=200467 > > -- > Trojita, a fast e-mail client -- http://trojita.flaska.net/ > >
PS Sorry for the duplicate, I sent it only to you the first time by mistake