From: Xavier Neys <neysx@g.o>
To: gentoo-doc@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-doc] [RFC] Marking unmaintained documents
Date: Thu, 29 Sep 2005 15:42:08
1 Xavier Neys wrote:
2
3 > Adding a disclaimer at the beginning of a doc is a good idea IMO.
4 >
5 > I have implemented a proposal with the following disclaimers:
6 > "articles" for republished articles
7 > "oldbook" self-explanatory
8 > "obsolete" idem
9 > Disclaimers can also auto-redirect users, very useful for obsolete docs.
10
11 I have added "draft" and used attributes (disclaimer & redirect) instead of
12 yet another element. It feels better(tm) to me.
13
14 > Samples:
15 > http://gentoo.neysx.org/mystuff/gentoo-x86-install.xml
16 > http://gentoo.neysx.org/mystuff/l-sed2.xml
17 > http://gentoo.neysx.org/mystuff/l-sed1.xml
18 > http://gentoo.neysx.org/mystuff/oldbook.xml
19 http://gentoo.neysx.org/mystuff/pocketpc-guide.xml
22 > Now about outdated translations:
23 Reminder:
24 > 0) All languages must have a metadoc.xml. Not a problem IMO. <metadoc/>
25 > will do for currently unsupported languages.
26 > 1) We have to use metadoc and *may not* test the corresponding file (ie.
27 > s:/pl/:/en/:) as that would force us to keep files we want to remove in
28 > /doc/en/ until all translated versions have disappeared.
29 > 2) Reminder: the date of a handbook is the max_date(master, all parts)
30 > 3) Some of you need to stop bumping dates needlessly because it would
31 > make translations look older then they actually are.
32 > 4) link attributes must contain the full path, no more <book
33 > link="handbook-x86.xml"> (not required on my test site, but would be on
34 > www.g.o)
35
36 > At the moment, it is limited to /doc as dates are not reliable outside
37 > of /doc anyway (not yyyy-mm-dd formatted or not bumped properly).
38
39 Sample:
40 http://gentoo.neysx.org/doc/fr/distcc.xml
41 >
42 > FYI, an inserts would like like
43 > http://gentoo.neysx.org/doc/en/inserts-en.xml?passthru=1
46 Disclaimer & redirect
47 () Yea () Nay
48
49 Note about more recent English version
50 () Yea () Nay
53 Cheers,
54 --
55 / Xavier Neys